CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Who Knew

Today I learned something about myself. I'm nearly 30 years old so anytime one can learn something new about oneself I suppose it's cause for celebration, or mention at least. Today I had more testing done to try and figure out what is wrong with me (keep the comments to yourself on that statement!). I had an EEG and an MRI. Turns out I'm terribly claustrophobic! The EEG is fine, once you get past the fact that they've stuck 25 electrodes to your head, face and neck with some sort of horrible goo (that is water soluble, but don't make plans for directly after this procedure, I walked out looking like a member of the Adam's Family). Then I headed down for blood work and finally an MRI, of my brain...inside that very small tunnel...with something clasped around your head and pressing into your ears...and no the blindfold doesn't help, and no listening to music (just one more thing holding your head down) doesn't help either. But yes, the mirror and panic button did help. Oh, and thanks for the incredibly small, comment-worthy by nurses, veins that mean having to be stuck three separate times for the contrast (whatever that is). Oh, your scared of needles you say. Bummer of a day for you! All in all I'm only slightly traumatized and definitely glad it's all over. Now for the waiting period to find out results. The doctors only in come in two or three times a week to read results. Must be nice to be a doctor!

1 comment:

K.M.L said...

I don't like the MRI machines either. You feel like you are suffocating and the ticking noises doesn't help either! I hope they get all this sorted out for you...